We are looking for yard operatives for our new Reading branch.
Main Purpose of the Job:
You must ensure that all resources under your control and influence are used to make the most effective contribution to the short and long term objectives of your particular area of work. It is your responsibility to request and to accept training, where applicable, to develop yourself and to grow the business.
1. Responsible for ensuring the safe operation of the yard, stock control, plant maintenance including the servicing of equipment is carried out in accordance with instructions from your manager and in line with Company’s policies and procedures.
2. A minimum level of PPE that should be worn at ALL times, safety boots, Hi-Vis vest and gloves. When operating machinery such as saws then eye protection and ear defenders must be worn in addition as described in local risk assessments.
3. Ensure that all equipment within your scope of work is maintained to the highest standard.
4. Responsible for ensuring the operation of the yard stock control, transportation, and security.
5. Ensure that the housekeeping of the yard is to a high standard. Ensure the correct storage of hazardous materials and equipment within suitable areas and that cleaning and hygiene materials are available.
6. Under no circumstances operate or allow others to operate, any machinery including forklift trucks, lorry mounted cranes and slings unless you/they have been trained and are in possession of a certificate of competence to operate these machines.
7. Responsible for ensuring that all stock movements are accurately and correctly documented in accordance with company policy and procedures.
8. Ensure that all equipment is painted in the company’s security paint if the materials are intended for hire use and any labels or on hire stickers are positioned on the equipment.
9. Under no circumstances operate any machinery including forklift trucks, lorry mounted cranes and slings unless you have been trained and are in possession of a certificate of competence to operate these machines.
10. Ensure that all customer queries are dealt with in a courteous, speedy and effective manner within the agreed time scales.
Apply for this job