Duration: 5 days (a 1 week block or 1 day per week for 5 consecutive weeks)
This scaffolding course is aimed at established and trainee/prospective line-management of scaffolding contractors, with direct supervisory responsibility for scaffolding operations.
The CITB Grant of £175 is available for registered employers. LSC Train to Gain and ESF Skillworks funding and retained client discounts may also be available.
To give attendees knowledge and skills to plan and supervise scaffolding operations as first-line scaffolding supervisors/managers, trainee supervisors/managers, and foremen.
• Introduction & welcome
• Aims & objectives
Module one – Health and safety
• Legal overview – health & safety law
• Health & safety management
• HSE ACOPs and guidance
• Risk assessment project.
Module two – Performance standards
• British & European standards
• NASC safety & technical guidance
• Design engineering appreciation.
Review risk assessment projects
Module three – Employment basics
• Legal overview (employment law)
• Discipline & grievance
• Managing absence
• Managing conflict & resolution.
Module four – Supervisory skills
• Planning & organisation
• Materials & logistics
• Competence & allocating duties
• Effective supervision
• Commissioning & handover
• Statutory scaffold inspections.
• Planning & Organisation
Module four – Continued
• Effective communication (including basic presentation skill, briefings & toolbox talks)
• Meeting skills
• Customer relations
• Performance management.
Module five – Commercial skills
• NASC commercial guidance
• Sales, estimating & surveying
• Contracts awareness
• Managing variations
• Valuations & payment
• Payment disputes & remedies.
Module five – Continued
• Multiple choice test paper
• Assess risk assessment project
• Course summary & close.
Successful delegates will receive a CISRS Completion Certificate and can apply for the gold CISRS Scaffolding Supervisor Card.
August 20, 2018 at Wakefield
December 3, 2018 at WakefieldEnquire Now
* Mandatory Fields